Help with a Federal Agency

As your Senator, I am always happy to help the people of Illinois navigate the red tape within federal agencies. This service, known as casework, can help Illinoisans with issues ranging from passport application delays to problems receiving Social Security, Veterans Affairs and other benefits. While we can never guarantee the outcome of any constituent’s case, my office will do whatever we can to get you an answer from the agency you’re working with.
In order for my staff to get started on your case, federal law requires us to receive your signed Privacy Act Release Form. Once my office receives your signed and completed form, your case will be assigned to a caseworker who will review your request. An online version of this form is available below. If you have any issues using this online form, please call one of my offices.
Please note that my office and I are generally unable to intervene in state or local government issues, as well as any pending legal matters. If you would like to contact someone regarding a state issue, you can find your state representative HERE.